New York Fashion Week: Someone buy me these clothes!

Saturday 8 September 2012

Dia duit!
I hope September is treating you all well I know I'm glad to be sitting in the sunshine for once! It actually feels like the middle of summer instead of the start of autumn which is scary in a way because it shouldn't be over 21 degrees Celsius right now. But that being said let me get down to this blog. I was supposed to have a baking post for you today but my mom went ahead and baked without me so you'll have to deal with a fashion post! I promise I'll cook something soon, perhaps tomorrow?
Many of you won't know but I'm somewhat of a fashion addict so I'm seizing the opportunity to talk about New York Fashion Week. Although I'm obviously not able to go to New York this week I've been devouring all the fashion sites to catch up on what's been happening in the fashion world. So today I'll take you through some of the designers I've been reading about and of course show you some photos too because what's a blog without pictures?.
First on my list is Jenni Kayne who produces amazing ready-to-wear fashion that is actually wearable for the normal sized young woman. I really loved this season's chic printed trousers and shorts and preppy shirts.


She also used an amazing shade of fuchsia pink for an evening dress that was to die for!
 
Next up is BCBG Max Azria who showcased some gorgeous black and white numbers including minimal cut floor length dresses and more structured feminine midi length items.
 
 

I particularly like the variations of silks and eastern patterned laces used in the materials.
  

 
 Lastly we have Tadashi Shoji, a Japanese born American impressed with his flowing gowns and rich colours. A definite boho eastern feel to his patterns too, perfect for me on a hot summer's day travelling in some exotic country. 
  

  

  
 
  


I think that's just about enough fashion for the average reader but please do tell me who you are loving this S/S 2013. Just leave a comment below because I'd love to know and chat to some of you.
Thanks for reading,
Ciara.
P.S If anyone wants to get me an early birthday present you have basically a partial wish list right here. ;)

I don't own any of the photos. They're sourced from style.com .

1 comment:

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN・POWERED BY BLOGGER