Life Travels | London Adventure: Brunch at Muriel's & The Natural History Museum

Thursday 11 August 2016

Muriel's kitchen and exhibits from Natural History Museum

After two days of walking miles on end we started our final day in London a little later than expected. But our lazy sleep-in just gave us an excuse to head to Muriel's Kitchen for a spot of brunch. 


I loved the decor of the restaurant, very grandma's country cottage with a trendy twist. I went for a really yummy coconut and chia seed bowl with puffed quinoa, cocao nibs and dried fruit. Since this was a tad bit small for my gargling stomach I also ordered a smoothie with banana, oats and dates to keep me going. 

almond milk cappuccino, coconut milk and chia seed bowl with puffed quinoa and dried fruit

The boyfriend opted for some blueberry pancakes with maple syrup.

cappuccino and pancakes with blueberries and maple syrup


After brunch we decided we really only had enough time to do one more things before catching our train to the airport. We opted to walk across the road and chance getting into the Natural History Museum during peak time. On our first day we had walked by and were surprised by the queues of people who had filled the front lawn and side entrance of the museum to queue up to enter. Luckily enough the line we joined moved fast enough and soon we were welcomed into halls of amazing artefacts, fossils, bones and captivating exhibits.

I'm afraid I was too taken in by fascinating replicas of Neanderthals, remains of mysterious extinct creatures and earthquake simulators that I hardly took any photos!

dinosaur skeleton, remains, fossil

Statues of a giraffe, elephant, rhino and manatee

Skeleton of a deer

Replica of a T Rex

We spent a few hours walking around the museum and didn't even get to cover half of what it had to offer. I'd highly recommend visiting if you have a day to fill and it's definitely a kid friendly museum too.

I had a great time in London and only wish that we could have had one more day to fit even more sightseeing in! I guess another trip is in order....

If you want you can read up about what we got up to in my previous London posts here: Day 1 and Day 2.

I'll have a final London post up soon on a few of my outfits I wore to dinner so I hope you enjoy that.

But for now, thanks for stopping by,


DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN・POWERED BY BLOGGER